Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My two cents about Iranian Election

I was about thirteen when I decided that Islam was not for me. As matter of fact I decided that the whole God/Allah thing was a sham. I officially became an atheist at the age of 15 when my Religion teacher threw me out of class and summoned me to the principal’s office with an accusation that I was a Baha’i. What was her reason? Because I had asked a simple question which she could not answer. I asked her, if god was so smart then why does he only understand Arabic? I asked why Persians have to pray to him in Arabic and not Farsi. I remember the whole class laughed and I was sent to the principal’s office. At the principal’s office she asked if I was a Baha’i and I answered “No, I am a Kafar” (Atheist).
I left Iran before Islamic Revolution (thank the stars for that). After the Revolution Iran became an Islamic Republic Regime. My friends and family’s miniskirts were traded in for Black Chador. Women Judges (due to their lack of brains, according to Islam) became secretaries. Lying and cheating became a norm for people trying to stay away from Islamic jails. Drug use and alcohol consumption increased (out of frustration). Prostitution (Sigheh) became legal. A couple of years after the Islamic Revolution I sent my Iranian passport in for renewal which the authorities sent back with a list of what they needed and a letter which I was supposed to sign and send back. By signing the letter I would have pledged my legion to the new Islamic Republic of Iran and Khomeini. They also asked me to send two pictures with my hair covered for my new passport and a check (I don’t remember for how much). I sent my passport with two normal pictures (my hair showing) and the check. No signed letter. About a month later I got my original passport back with a big red stamp which said “CANCELLED” in Farsi (at least not in Arabic). They kept my check and my pictures.
Meanwhile, I became a US citizen and lived a relatively normal life in a country that does not care if you are an atheist or not. I had given up hope of going back to Iran even for a visit.
Fast forward to the beginning of 2008 and a guy name Obama, instantly I became hopeful for change in Iran. In my mind if we could create a wave of change so strong that it reaches the Middle East, there might be hope for a free Iran. Having the Obama phenomena and the fact that usually Dictatorships only last about 30 years and Iranians average age being 33 and over 60% of Iranians being under thirty years old, I could see a Perfect Storm. At first I told myself that Iran needs another four years of Ahmadinejad in order for the pendulum to go the other way in a strong way as it had happened in the US in the 2006 and 2008 elections. But, after witnessing the excitement of young Iranians, especially the Iranian women, I lost my sense of logic and got excited for them and started campaigning with them. I wanted them to win. I really didn’t care for any of the candidates. My candidates were their hopes and dreams.
So, the day before the election I bought a bottle of champagne (As I did for Obama’s victory) and put it in the refrigerator to chill. I was going to celebrate my young Iranian’s victory with them from thousands of miles away.
Not to my surprise millions of Iranians went to the polls, but for some strange reason even the campaign workers of the other candidates and their family and friends and maybe even themselves voted for Ahmadinejad. IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! Then the same people poured into the streets and asked for their votes back. One should ask these people “Why did you vote for him in the first place”? You cannot now come back and say, give me my vote back, especially after the Dear Leader (I know that is the North Korean Dude)put his stamp of approval on it three hours after 37,000,000 votes were counted by hand, in a country as big as the State of Alaska, get real.
So, these Un-Iranians (like the Un-American during Bush era) are protesting in the streets and the KIND Islamic sharp shooters with their KIND Islamic guns, under the KIND order of their Dear Leader (I know that is the Dude in N.K) are shooting their KIND Islamic bullets into young Iranian hearts. This fight for freedom is unfolding as the whole world can see it in thousands of You Tube clips showing how Democracy works in an Islamic country.
So, I want to be selfish and go back to my logic and say,” Ahmadinejad won”. What would that do to Iran and more importantly to Islam, Ahmadinejad and the Dear Leader (I said I know)?
As for Iran and Iranians, they have gained a tremendous amount of passion and respect from the world for their effort to take back their country.
Ahmadinejad is going to have a more miserable time during the next four years than did Bush. Whenever he goes out of Iran, unless he goes to see his Amigo Hugo, or few heads of Islamic tribes in Africa he will be shouted at (“cheater, murderer”) by people like me.
The Dear Leader Khamenei dream of his Caliphate dynasty being pasted on to his worthless son, Mojtaba, is down the shitter.
As for Islam, that is another story. In the Islam that I was forced to learn in school back in Iran, cheating and lying is a big sin. The mullahs in Iran have single handedly proved what people like me were trying to prove to the world for years. They have proved to the world that Islam is a fake religion. Why? Because they helped a cheater and a liar steal other Muslims property (their vote) and that is a great sin. If Islam is a real religion and the Quran is the word of God then what should REAL Muslims do to people like Ahmadinejad and Khamenei?.

2 comments:

Thesauros said...

Thank you for your story.

Mohsen said...

Dear Black-Chador, do apologise for writing in FINGLISH!

Man ba comment haye shoma dar IranianUK ashna shodam. Serfan baraye inke bavar konid ke man mulla nistam o peyrove mullaha ham nistam arz mikonam ke tahsilate karshenasim Bargh boode o MSc ro ham Modiriyat khoondam (UK). va ta 26 salegi ham dorost o hesabi ebadat nemikardam o be vojood e khoda shak dashtam (albate hanooz omidvaram amorzide besham va midoonam ke mibakhshe).

Mamnoon az tahlili ke kardid. Omidvaram serfan be khatere harekate zeshti ke moaleme shoma dar zaman e tahsiletoon mortakeb shode tarke din nakarde bashin ke hich manteghi inro nemipazire! Man ye mosalmoon be donya omadam o naghshi tooye entekhabe dinam dar ebteda nadashtam, vali ba gozashte zaman, dini ro kameltar az eslam nayaftam. Hatman in jomlaro ziyad shenidin ke Eslam ro nabayad ba raftar e mosmanha be ghezavat neshast! Man ham ba shoma movafegham ke din e mullayan yek noskheye kamelan tahrif shode alayhe bashariyat hast vali in dalil nemishe harf e in mozdooran e khoonkhar ro ghabool konam va agar oonha khodeshoon ro be taAlim e eslam nesbat midan, bedoone tafakor ghabool konam.
As you are aware, dine eslam baraye Arab e badavi ke bar asas e tarikh vaghean be hedayat niyaz dashtan nazel shode o be zaban e Arabic boode. inke chera ebadat ha ham be zaban e Arabi anjam mishe, ta oonjai ke man midoonam serfan baraye ijad e etehad bein e motaghedin be in din hast o hich ertebati ba khoda nadare. "Bande haman beh ke ze taghsire khish ... Ozr be dargah e khoda Avarad... Ar na sezavar e khodavandiyash ... Kas natavanad ke be jay Avarad" shoma behtar midoonid ke zaban yek abzar baraye ijad e ertebat bein e ensanhast va ertebat ba khodavande sobhan be zaban e khasi niyaz nadare.

Az hamrahitoon ham ba javoon haye Irani moteshakeram,vali in ro bedoonid ke hamoon Quran va GODi ke shoma zire soal bordin, dastoor e akid be jahad dar moghabele zalem dadand. va in kariye ke ma Iraniha darim mikonim. Albate man kami khajalat mikesham chon natoonestam bishtar az yek mah Iran bemoonam 2 rooz pish bargashtam UK va eftekharam tanha yek rooz kotak khordan az daste omal e regim bood o ye cheshme asib dide. vali shak nakonid ke be jahademoon edame midim.

Shad bashid o dir Zi
Mohsen