Saturday, June 13, 2009

Democracy my ASS

For months now I have been having a battle with my brothers and sisters about the Iranian election, which “sort of” happened yesterday. As a self exiled Iranian, I was against this Islamic Revolution from day one. I always thought that “Islamic Democracy” was an oxymoron. How could you have a Democracy when the majority of your population (women) don't have equal rights? This year, however, I became hopeful when I saw how Iranian youth were getting involved with election and campaigning for a Reformer. Their excitement killed my logic and thus, I got involved. I still believe that Islamic Democracy is an oxymoron, but I was feeling hopeful that maybe Iran could start taking baby steps towards a REAL Democracy.My sister laughed at me because I guess she knew better than that. She kept telling me "the only vote that matters is Khamenei’s vote" Khamenei is the Big Dictator who replaced the other dictator Khomeini after he went to hell. Back to the election (or should I say “selection”). Millions of Iranians went to polls yesterday and voted against and/or for Dictatorship. Even before the votes were counted, Khamenei urged people to unite behind President Ahmadinejad thus, sendinga clear message as to what he desires. What are the officials to do now? Well, you do what your Dictator tells you to do. Iranians now have two choices: They can either shut up and go back to their homes like sheep while drinking their illegal alcohol and try to dream of a democracy until the alcohol wears off then face the reality and go to their Friday prayer so they could show what a devoted Muslims they are. They can tell more jokes about Ahmadinejad and watch the whole world laugh at their great country and them. Yes, we will laugh at you for what you are if you go back to your stables and wait for your free POTATOES to arrive from Ahmadinejad’s office.Their other choice is to do what Mr. Mousavi says to do, "Resist this rigged election". He is right, but I am going one step further and asking you to resist this Oxymoron and uproot this Dictatorship. History has shown us that the tree of freedom only grows from the blood of the people wanting a democracy. As for me, I don't know if I was right or wrong but I think I was wrong in attacking Ahmadinejad because what I should have done was to put the axe to the root of this Dictatorship, Khamenei, which I shall do from now on.

2 comments:

Pedram said...

Same thing here. My mother (your sister) also laughed at me when I thought there would be a election to change the status of Iran. The saddest part is that the four presidential candidates were selected by the council, including mousavi, and the mullahs couldn't even let one of their own selection get elected. So they had to rig an already bullshit election. The good in all of this is that it gives the youth and the revolutionaries in Iran an excuse to go out in the street to protest and bash some basij skull. Also it gives the international community a good chance to see that the so called "democracy" is nothing but a dictatorship.

Black Chador said...

They say everything happens for a reason. Maybe this cheating will result in getting rid of these thugs and their dictatorship.

Please get on line and show your support for Iranian people.